Details for Benchmark: FS0475
N 35° 38.500 W 114° 14.383 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is POSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In MOHAVE county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- 26 L
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1938 by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1950 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1950
21.4 MI N FROM GRASSHOPPER JUNCTION. 11.0 MILES NORTHWEST ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 93 FROM THE JUNCTION OF STATE HIGHWAY 62 AT GRASSHOPPER JUNCTION, THENCE 10.4 MILES NORTHEAST ALONG A DIRT ROAD LEADING TO PIERCES FERRY, 0.6 MILE SOUTHWEST OF THE INTERSECTION OF AN EAST-WEST CROSS ROAD, ON THE WEST SIDE OF A SMALL HILL, 35 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE ROAD, 16 FEET SOUTH OF A LARGE YUCCA TREE BEARING A METAL TAG STAMPED 3548, 1.5 FEET NORTHEAST OF A WITNESS POST, ABOUT 2 1/2 FEET HIGHER THAN THE ROAD, AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 0.4 FOOT ABOVE THE GROUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in 1992. * This is a POSTED BENCH MARK height. Code A indicates a distribution rate of 0.0 thru 1.0 mm/km.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.