Details for Benchmark: FS0554
N 35° 16.617 W 114° 09.633 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In MOHAVE county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- N 60
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1934 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1940 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1940
10 MI SE FROM CHLORIDE. 10.0 MILES SOUTHEAST ALONG THE OLD KINGMAN ROAD FROM CHLORIDE, 10.2 MILES NORTHWEST OF KINGMAN, 1.3 MILES NORTHWEST OF THE INTERSECTION OF U.S. HIGHWAY 93, 110 FEET SOUTHEAST OF A DEEP DIP IN THE ROAD WHERE A CULVERT HAS BEEN REMOVED, 35 FEET WEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE OLD ROAD, AND 2.6 FEET WEST OF A WHITE WOODEN WITNESS POST. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED N 60 1934 AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 0.5 FOOT ABOVE GROUND.
|01/01/1982 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1982
16.1 KM (10.0 MI) SOUTHEAST ALONG THE OLD HIGHWAY FROM THE POST OFFICE IN CHLORIDE, 33.5 METERS (110 FT) SOUTHEAST OF A DIP IN THE ROAD, 10.7 METERS (35 FT) WEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE HIGHWAY. THE MARK IS 0.8 METERS W FROM A WITNESS POST.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.