Details for Benchmark: FS0759
N 35° 27.783 W 115° 16.167 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is POSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SAN BERNARDINO county, CA View Original Datasheet
- CHISELED SQUARE 3
- Marker Type:
- chiseled square
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by RBNF (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1949 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1949
0.3 MI SE FROM NIPTON. 0.3 MILE SOUTHEAST ALONG THE UNION PACIFIC RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT NIPTON, AT CONCRETE BRIDGE 277.19, CHISELED IN THE TOP OF THE NORTHEAST END OF THE SOUTHEAST ABUTMENT, 7.5 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE NORTHEAST RAIL, AND ABOUT 1 FOOT LOWER THAN THE TRACK.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in 1992. No vertical observational check was made to the station. * This is a POSTED BENCH MARK height. Code NC indicates the bench mark was located on a no-check spur therefore a value was not computed.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.