Details for Benchmark: FS0764
N 35° 23.833 W 115° 15.483 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SAN BERNARDINO county, CA View Original Datasheet
- CHISELED SQUARE 2
- Marker Type:
- chiseled square
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by RBNF (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1944 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1944
4.8 MI NE FROM IVANPAN. ALONG THE UNION PACIFIC RAILWAY, 4.8 MILES NORTHEAST OF THE STATION AT IVANPAH, SET IN THE TOP OF THE WEST END OF THE SOUTH ABUTMENT OF BRIDGE NUMBER 272.49. AN OUTLINED SQUARE.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.