Details for Benchmark: FS0767
N 35° 23.483 W 115° 15.717 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SAN BERNARDINO county, CA View Original Datasheet
- C 6 RESET
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1935 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1944 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1944
4.4 MI N FROM IVANPAH. 4.4 MILES NORTH ALONG THE UNION PACIFIC RAILROAD FROM THE POST OFFICE AT IVANPAH, AT MOORE, 95 FEET WEST OF THE WEST RAIL OF THE WEST TRACK, 93 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE SIGN POST MOORE, 44 FEET SOUTH OF THE SECOND POLE NORTH OF MILEPOST NO. 272, 4 FEET NORTHEAST OF REFERENCE POST. GRANITE POST WITH USBM CHISELED ON TOP OF POST AND A SQUARE HOLE IN CENTER OF POST. PROJECTING ABOUT 0.4 FOOT ABOVE THE GROUND. NOTE-- THIS BENCH MARK WAS ESTABLISHED BY A PARTY FROM THIS BUREAU IN MARCH 1935.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.