Details for Benchmark: FS0795
N 35° 18.800 W 115° 13.850 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SAN BERNARDINO county, CA View Original Datasheet
- X 5
- Marker Type:
- pipe cap
- set into the top of a metal pipe driven into the ground
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1944 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1944
6.5 MI SE FROM IVANPAH. 2.7 MILES SOUTHEAST ALONG THE GOFFS-IVANPAH ROAD FROM THE POST OFFICE AT IVANPAH, THENCE 3.8 MILES SOUTHEAST ALONG THE OLD ABANDONED A.T. AND S FE R.R. BED, ABOUT 0.5 MILE NORTHEAST AND UP HILL FROM THE GOFFS-IVANPAH ROAD, ABOUT 0.1 MILE NORTHWEST OF A DEEP CUT, ABOUT 200 FEET NORTHWEST OF A LARGE BOULDER, 53 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE CENTER-LINE OF THE RAILROAD BED, 2.3 FEET NORTHWEST OF REFERENCE POST. A BENCH MARK CAP ON TOP OF A 3 1/2-INCH IRON PIPE ABOUT 6 FEET BELOW BED LEVEL AND PROJECTING ABOUT 0.6 FOOT ABOVE THE GROUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.