Details for Benchmark: FS0798
N 35° 17.483 W 115° 14.200 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SAN BERNARDINO county, CA View Original Datasheet
- W 5
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1944 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1944
8.5 MI SE FROM IVANPAH. 2.7 MILES SOUTHEAST ALONG THE GOFFS-IVANPAH ROAD FROM THE POST OFFICE AT IVANPAH, THENCE 5.8 MILES SOUTHEAST ALONG THE ABANDONED A.T. AND S FE R.R., AT BARNWELL, 58 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE CENTER-LINE OF THE OLD RAILROAD BED WHICH IS NOW THE GOFFS-IVANPAH ROAD, 41 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTER-LINE OF THE SIDE ROAD LEADING EAST TO A 1-STORY RED ROOFER BUILDING AND ON TO A MINE. 2.5 FEET NORTHEAST OF REFERENCE POST. GRANITE POST WITH USBM CHISELED ON TOP AND A SQUARE HOLE CUT IN CENTER OF POST. PROJECTING ABOUT 0.4 FOOT ABOVE THE GROUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.