Details for Benchmark: FS0806
N 35° 13.867 W 115° 12.583 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SAN BERNARDINO county, CA View Original Datasheet
- Z 732
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1944 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1944
14.2 MI SE FROM IVANPAH. 14.2 MILES SOUTHEAST ALONG THE GOFFS-IVANPAH ROAD FROM THE POST OFFICE AT IVANPAH, SET AT THE SUMMIT OF A SMALL HILL, ABOUT 125 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE OLD RAILROAD BED, 39 FEET SOUTHWEST OF CENTER-LINE OF THE ROAD, 3 FEET SOUTHEAST OF REFERENCE POST. BENCH MARK DISK SET IN TOP OF A CONCRETE POST POURED IN THE FIELD. PROJECTING ABOUT 0.8 FOOT ABOVE THE GROUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.