Details for Benchmark: FS0812
N 35° 09.617 W 115° 11.600 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SAN BERNARDINO county, CA View Original Datasheet
- V 732
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1944 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1944
19.4 MI NW FROM GOFFS. 19.4 MILES NORTHWEST ALONG GOFFS-IVANPAH ROAD FROM THE STATION AT GOFFS, 19.4 MILES SOUTHEAST ALONG GOFFS-IVANPAH ROAD FROM THE POST OFFICE AT IVANPAH, NEAR A Y ROAD, BETWEEN THE OLD RAIL ROAD BED AND THE ROAD, ABOUT 150 FEET SOUTH OF INTERSECTION OF MAIN ROAD AND SIDE ROAD LEADING SOUTHWEST, 31 FEET WEST OF CENTER-LINE OF THE ROAD, 23 FEET EAST OF THE CENTER-LINE OF THE OLD RAILROAD BED, 1.5 FEET SOUTH OF REFERENCE POST. BENCH MARK DISK SET IN TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING ABOUT 0.8 FOOT ABOVE THE GROUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.