Details for Benchmark: FS0824
N 35° 01.567 W 115° 09.200 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SAN BERNARDINO county, CA View Original Datasheet
- O 5
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1944 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1944
11.7 MI NW FROM GOFFS. 10.3 MILES NORTHWEST ALONG THE GOFFS-IVANPAH ROAD FROM THE STATION AT GOFFS, THENCE 1.4 MILES SOUTHWEST ALONG THE UNGRADED DIRT ROAD TO THE ABANDONED ATCHISON, TOPEKA AND SANTA FE RAILROAD AT WHICH POINT WAS ORIGINALLY VONTRIGGER (NOW ABANDONED). BENCH MARK IS LOCATED 110 FEET NORTHWEST OF COPPER STONE MONUMENT ALONG THE OLD RIGHT-OF-WAY, 115 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE FIRST POLE NORTHWEST OF MONUMENT, 30 FEET NORTHEAST OF CENTER-LINE OF OLD RAILROAD BED, 2 FEET SOUTHWEST OF REFERENCE POST. A GRANITE POST WITH U.S.B.M. CHISELED ON TOP AND A SQUARE HOLE IN CENTER OF POST. PROJECTING ABOUT 0.4 FOOT ABOVE THE GROUND.
|01/01/1981 by USGS (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1981
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.