Details for Benchmark: FS1065
N 35° 03.535 W 114° 26.156 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In MOHAVE county, AZ View Original Datasheet
- HARDY CAIRN
- Marker Type:
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1948 by CGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1948 (FAR)
THE STATION IS ABOUT 6 MILES, AIRLINE, NORTHWEST OF OATMAN, AND 5 MILES WEST BY NORTH OF GOLD ROAD, ON THE SUMMIT OF A PEAK AT THE NORTH END OF A RANGE OF VERY ROCKY RIDGES WHICH ARE A SPUR OF THE BLACK MOUNTAINS.
THE STATION IS A ROCK CAIRN ABOUT 6 FEET HIGH AND IS VERY SYMMETRICAL. IT CAN BE SEEN IN ALL DIRECTIONS FOR SEVERAL MILES.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in August 1993.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.