Details for Benchmark: FS1107
N 35° 05.502 W 114° 44.811 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is SCALED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In SAN BERNARDINO county, CA View Original Datasheet
- T 140
- Marker Type:
- drill hole
- in a boulder
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1899 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1899 (CHS)
STATION T 140 HIGH IS ON THE SUMMIT OF A SHARP BLACK CONE, JUTTING UP ON THE NE END OF A BLACK MOUNTAIN MASS LIKE THE HORN OF A UNICORN, JUST ABOVE A LOT OF WHITE FORMATION NW OF THE SPRING IN THE CANYON AND 1-1/2 MILES FROM IT. T 140 IS ON THE NE SLOPE OF THE SAME CONE. BOTH ARE MARKED BY A DRILL HOLE IN A ROCK WITH POLE AND PILE OF STONES.
NO. 140 WAS OMITTED FROM THE CORRECTED LINE.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1996. The horizontal coordinates are valid at the epoch date displayed above. The epoch date for horizontal control is a decimal equivalence of Year/Month/Day.
- The orthometric height was scaled from a topographic map.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.