Details for Benchmark: FS1374
N 35° 29.681 W 115° 01.765 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In CLARK county, NV View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- triangulation station disk
- in a boulder
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1958 by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1958
LOCATED ABOUT 6 MI W. OF SEARCHLIGHT, 1 MI NE. OF BELL RANCH, 45 FT N. OF CENTER OF NIPTON RD.
TO REACH FROM SEARCHLIGHT, DRIVE 6 MI W. ON NIPTON RD. TO STATION ON NORTH SIDE OF RD.
STATION MARK--STANDARD TABLET STAMPED---BELL 1958---, CEMENTED IN LARGE BOULDER FLUSH WITH GROUND.
RM 1--COPPER NAIL AND WASHER DRIVEN IN TRUNK OF JOSHUA TREE.
RM 2--COPPER NAIL AND WASHER DRIVEN IN TRUNK OF JOSHUA TREE.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1998.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.)
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.