Details for Benchmark: FV0009
N 35° 29.633 W 120° 38.983 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SAN LUIS OBISPO county, CA View Original Datasheet
- F 903
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1957 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1968 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1968
0.8 MI SE FROM ATASCADERO. 0.85 MILE SOUTHEAST ALONG THE SOUTHERN PACIFIC COMPANY RAILROAD FROM THE OVERPASS OVER STATE HIGHWAY 41 AT ATASCADERO, IN THE TOP OF THE SOUTHWEST END OF THE NORTHWEST CONCRETE ABUTMENT OF BRIDGE 227.38, 7.9 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE SOUTHWEST RAIL, AND ABOUT 1 FOOT LOWER THAN THE TRACK.
|02/02/1989 by NGS (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1989
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.