Details for Benchmark: FV0161
N 35° 25.783 W 120° 36.583 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SAN LUIS OBISPO county, CA View Original Datasheet
- HIGHWAY RM 1
- Marker Type:
- reference mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1932 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1957 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1957
3.4 MI N FROM SANTA MARGARITA. 2.8 MILES NORTH ALONG THE SOUTHERN PACIFIC COMPANY RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT SANTA MARGARITA, THENCE 0.4 MILE NORTHWEST ALONG SOUTH HIGHWAY (FORMER U.S. HIGHWAY 101), THENCE 0.2 MILE SOUTHWEST ALONG A FENCE, ON THE TOP OF A LOW HILL, 38.3 FEET NORTH-NORTHWEST OF TRIANGULATION STATE HIGHWAY, 16 1/2 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE SOUTHWEST ONE OF THREE OAK TREES, ABOUT 2 FEET HIGHER THAN THE STATION, AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 0.2 FOOT ABOVE THE GROUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.