Details for Benchmark: FV0164
N 35° 25.733 W 120° 36.283 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SAN LUIS OBISPO county, CA View Original Datasheet
- C 25 RESET
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- massive structures
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1937 by CADH (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1968 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1968
2.6 MI N FROM SANTA MARGARITA. 2.5 MILES NORTH ALONG THE SOUTHERN PACIFIC COMPANY RAILROAD FROM THE POST OFFICE AT SANTA MARGARITA, THENCE 0.15 MILE NORTHWEST ALONG EL CAMINO REAL, AT THE JUNCTION OF ASUNCION ROAD, IN THE TOP OF THE CENTER OF THE EAST CONCRETE WING WALL OF EL CAMINO REAL BRIDGE OVER SANTA MARGARITA CREEK, 22 1/2 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF EL CAMINO REAL, 42 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE ROAD, 6.5 FEET WEST OF THE EAST END OF THE WING WALL, AND ABOUT LEVEL WITH EL CAMINO REAL.
|01/23/1989 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1989
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.