Details for Benchmark: FV0165
N 35° 25.017 W 120° 36.217 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SAN LUIS OBISPO county, CA View Original Datasheet
- B 1095
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- abutments and piers of large bridges
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1968 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1968
1.7 MI N FROM SANTA MARGARITA. 1.7 MILES NORTH ALONG THE SOUTHERN PACIFIC COMPANY RAILROAD FROM THE POST OFFICE AT SANTA MARGARITA, IN THE TOP AND 1.0 FOOT WEST OF THE EAST END OF THE NORTH CONCRETE ABUTMENT OF BRIDGE 233.70, 7.3 FEET EAST OF THE EAST RAIL OF THE EAST TRACK, AND ABOUT 1 1/2 FEET LOWER THAN THE TRACK.
|01/23/1989 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1989
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.