Details for Benchmark: FV0326
N 35° 22.183 W 120° 33.667 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SAN LUIS OBISPO county, CA View Original Datasheet
- K 903
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1957 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1968 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1968
3.6 MI SE FROM SANTA MARGARITA. 1.8 MILES EAST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 58 FROM THE POST OFFICE AT SANTA MARGARITA, THENCE 1.75 MILES SOUTHEAST ALONG POZO ROAD, AT THE JUNCTION OF A FIELD ENTRANCE ROAD SOUTHWEST, AT A CUT, 59 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE ROAD, 2 1/2 FEET SOUTHEAST OF TELEPHONE POLE 239 WITH A GUY WIRE, 30 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE NORTHWEST END OF A WOODEN GATE, 36 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE FIELD ROAD, 3.3 FEET NORTHEAST OF A FENCE, 2.1 FEET NORTHWEST OF A WITNESS POST, ABOUT 6 1/2 FEET HIGHER THAN THE ROAD, AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 0.4 FOOT ABOVE THE GROUND.
|01/01/1977 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1977
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.