Details for Benchmark: FV0412
N 35° 03.783 W 120° 35.850 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SAN LUIS OBISPO county, CA View Original Datasheet
- C 1214
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- copper-clad steel rod
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1970 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1970
3.2 MI S FROM OCEANO. 3.25 MILES SOUTH ALONG THE SOUTHERN PACIFIC COMPANY RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT OCEANO, 4 POLES SOUTH OF MILEPOLE 269, AT THE CROSSING OF A DIRT ROAD SOUTHWEST, 25.8 FEET EAST OF THE EAST RAIL, 63 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE ROAD, 74 1/2 FEET WEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF STATE HIGHWAY 1, 1 1/2 FEET SOUTH OF THE FOURTH POLE SOUTH OF THE MILEPOLE, 1.8 FEET NORTH OF A WITNESS POST, ABOUT 1 1/2 FEET LOWER THAN THE TRACK, A DISK ON THE TOP OF A 5/8-INCH COPPER COATED ROD DRIVEN TO GRADUAL REFUSAL AT A DEPTH OF 14 FEET. THE UPPER PORTION OF THE ROD IS ENCASED IN A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 0.3 FOOT ABOVE THE GROUND.
|01/01/1977 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1977
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
|03/06/1989 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1989
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION. A NEW TO REACH FOLLOWS. 5.8 KM (3.60 MI) SOUTHEASTERLY ALONG THE SOUTHERN PACIFIC RAILROAD FROM THE JUNCTION OF STATE HIGHWAY 1 IN OCEANO. DELETE--1.8 FEET NORTH OF A WITNESS POST. ADD--0.35 M (1.1 FT) NORTHWEST OF A WITNESS POST. CHANGE--PROJECTING 0.3 FT ABOVE THE GROUND, TO FLUSH WITH THE GROUND SURFACE.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.