Details for Benchmark: FV0473
N 35° 21.450 W 120° 14.583 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SAN LUIS OBISPO county, CA View Original Datasheet
- R 561
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1957 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1957
13.6 MI NE FROM POZO. 13.6 MILES NORTHEAST ALONG SANTA MARGARITA MOUNTAIN ROAD (FORMER STATE HIGHWAY 178) FROM THE POZO GUARD STATION AT POZO, IN R16E T29S, IN THE SOUTHEAST QUARTER OF SECTION 34, 0.6 MILE NORTHEAST OF LA PANZA SUMMIT, AT THE Y JUNCTION OF A DIM TRACK ROAD LEADING NORTHEAST, 18 1/2 FEET EAST OF THE SOUTHEAST END OF A GATE, 31 1/2 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE ROAD, 1.4 FEET SOUTH OF A FENCE, 1.7 FEET EAST OF A WITNESS POST, ABOUT 1 FOOT LOWER THAN THE ROAD, AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 0.4 FOOT ABOVE THE GROUND.
|01/01/1977 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1977
1.4 MILES NORTHEAST ALONG POZO ROAD FROM A BRIDGE OVER POZO CREEK, THENCE 12.2 MILES NORTHEAST ALONG POZO-LA PANZA ROAD, 0.6 MILE NORTHEAST OF LA PANZA SUMMIT, AT THE JUNCTION OF A DIM TRACK ROAD LEADING NORTHEAST, 31.5 FT. NORTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE ROAD, 18.5 FT. EAST OF THE SOUTHEAST END OF A GATE, 1.4 FT. SOUTH OF A FENCE.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.