Details for Benchmark: FV0531
N 35° 39.317 W 120° 22.633 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SAN LUIS OBISPO county, CA View Original Datasheet
- 99 SLO CO
- Marker Type:
- pipe cap
- set into the top of a metal pipe driven into the ground
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1880 by CA-079 (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1970 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1970
AT SHANDON. AT SHANDON, 0.05 MILE WEST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 41 FROM THE POST OFFICE, AT THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF THE JUNCTION OF TRUEDALE ROAD SOUTH AND FIRST STREET NORTH, 30 1/2 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE HIGHWAY, 28 FEET WEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE STREET, 14.4 FEET SOUTH OF THE SOUTHEAST CORNER OF A FENCE AROUND CRAWFORD W. CLARKE MEMORIAL PARK, 12.0 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE CENTER OF THE NORTH END OF A PIPE CULVERT UNDER THE HIGHWAY, ABOUT LEVEL WITH THE HIGHWAY, AND RIVETED ON THE TOP OF A 2 1/2-INCH IRON PIPE PROJECTING 0.8 FOOT ABOVE THE GROUND. NOTE-- THE CAP HAS BEEN HIT AND IS BATTERED BUT STILL SOLID. SEC 20, T26S, R15E.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.