Details for Benchmark: FV0532
N 35° 39.317 W 120° 23.667 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SAN LUIS OBISPO county, CA View Original Datasheet
- V 284
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1934 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1970 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1970
1 MI W FROM SHANDON. 1.05 MILES WEST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 41 FROM THE POST OFFICE AT SHANDON, 0.3 MILE EAST OF A POINT WHERE THE HIGHWAY TURNS SOUTH, 131 FEET EAST OF THE CENTER OF THE Y JUNCTION OF A DRIVEWAY SOUTH, ABOUT MIDWAY BETWEEN OAK TREES, 30 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE HIGHWAY, 3.8 FEET NORTH OF A FENCE, 0.9 FOOT WEST OF A WITNESS POST, ABOUT 1 1/2 FEET HIGHER THAN THE HIGHWAY, AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 0.2 FOOT ABOVE THE GROUND. SEC 19, T26S, R15E
|05/08/1990 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1990 (LML)
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.