Details for Benchmark: FV0587
N 35° 39.300 W 120° 22.750 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SAN LUIS OBISPO county, CA View Original Datasheet
- W 559
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1957 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1970 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1970
AT SHANDON. AT SHANDON, 0.2 MILE WEST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 41 FROM THE POST OFFICE, AT THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF A FENCE AROUND THE DIVISION OF HIGHWAYS MAINTENANCE STATION, 32 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE HIGHWAY, 2 1/2 FEET SOUTHWEST OF A FENCE CORNER POST, 12 FEET EAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF AN ASPHALT ROAD SOUTH ALONG THE WEST SIDE OF A FENCE, 1.3 FEET WEST OF A FENCE, 1.2 FEET NORTH OF A WITNESS POST, ABOUT LEVEL WITH THE HIGHWAY, AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 0.2 FOOT ABOVE THE GROUND. SEC 20, T26S, R15E
|05/08/1990 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1990 (LML)
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.