Details for Benchmark: FV0633
N 35° 40.767 W 120° 14.833 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SAN LUIS OBISPO county, CA View Original Datasheet
- Y 616
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1942 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1966 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1966
5.9 MI SE FROM CHOLAME. 1.2 MILES SOUTHWEST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 46 FROM THE POST OFFICE AT CHOLAME, THENCE 4.7 MILES SOUTHEAST ALONG A COUNTY ROAD, AT THE NORTHWEST END OF A VERY SHALLOW CUT, 42 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE ROAD, 1.4 FEET EAST OF A WITNESS POST, ABOUT LEVEL WITH THE ROAD, AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 0.6 FOOT ABOVE THE GROUND.
|01/01/1974 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1974
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.