Details for Benchmark: FV0733
N 35° 10.650 W 120° 44.467 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SAN LUIS OBISPO county, CA View Original Datasheet
- 941 2110 TIDAL 12
- Marker Type:
- tidal station disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1946 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|1/1/1956 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1956
0.5 MI SW FROM AVILA. 0.5 MILE SOUTHWEST ALONG A ROAD WHICH FOLLOWS THE BEACH FROM THE POST OFFICE AT AVILA, AT THE NORTHEAST END OF THE UNION OIL COMPANY PIER, IN THE TOP OF THE CENTER OF A LARGE OUTCROP ON THE SOUTHEAST SIDE OF THE PIER, 44.1 FEET SOUTH OF THE SOUTH STEEL GATE POST AT THE END OF THE DOCK, 41.5 FEET SOUTH OF THE SOUTH CORNER OF A TELEPHONE BOOTH, 4 FEET SOUTH OF THE SOUTH EDGE OF A 4-FOOT DROP OFF AND THE HIGHEST PART OF THE OUTCROP, AND ABOUT 12 FEET LOWER THAN THE DOCK.
|1/1/1957 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1957
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
|1/1/1977 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1977
0.1 MILE NORTH ALONG SAN MIGUEL STREET FROM THE POST OFFICE AT AVILA, THENCE 0.6 MILE SOUTHWEST ALONG AVILA ROAD TO THE ENTRANCE FOR THE UNION OIL COMPANY PIER, SET IN THE TOP OF A LARGE ROAK OUTCROP, 104 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE ROAD, 80.5 FEET SOUTH OF THE STEEL MESH WIRE FENCE, 48.5 FEET SOUTH OF THE NORTHEAST CORNER OF THE WOOD PIER, 52.5 FEET NORTH OF THE SOUTH EDGE OF THE OUTCROP. THIS MARK IS ALSO 160 FEET EAST OF BENCH MARK TIDAL 11 WHICH IS DESCRIBED.
|2/10/1989 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1989
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION. A NEW DESCRIPTION FOLLOWS. 0.5 KM (0.30 MI) WESTERLY ALONG AVILA ROAD FROM THE JUNCTION OF FRONT STREET IN AVILA BEACH, IN AN AREA OF OUTCROPPING BEDROCK, 31.7 M (104.0 FT) SOUTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE ROAD, 14.4 M (47.2 FT) NORTH OF THE SOUTH END OF THE OUTCROP, 13.4 M (44.0 FT) SOUTHEAST OF THE MOST SOUTHEASTERLY 1 OF 2 COLUMNS OF THE FIRST PIER SOUTHWEST OF THE NORTHEAST END OF THE UNION OIL COMPANY PIER, 11.4 M (37.4 FT) SOUTH OF THE EAST END OF A SEAWALL, AND 3.7 M (12.1 FT) BELOW THE LEVEL OF THE ROAD.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- This Tidal Bench Mark is designated as VM 12546 by the Center for Operational Oceanographic Products and Services.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.