Details for Benchmark: FV0792
N 35° 19.067 W 120° 25.183 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SAN LUIS OBISPO county, CA View Original Datasheet
- H 536
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1956 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1957 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1957
3.6 MI NW FROM POZO. 1.6 MILES WEST ALONG SANTA MARGARITA MOUNTAIN ROAD FROM THE POZO GUARD STATION AT POZO, THENCE 2.0 MILES NORTH ALONG A PAVED ROAD, IN R14E T30S, NEAR THE NORTHEAST CORNER OF SECTION 13, 0.2 MILE NORTHWEST OF THE Y JUNCTION OF A PAVED ROAD LEADING NORTH, ON THE INSIDE OF A CURVE, IN THE TOP OF MASSIVE BEDROCK, 43 1/2 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE ROAD, AND ABOUT 8 FEET HIGHER THAN THE ROAD.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.