Details for Benchmark: FV0794
N 35° 18.417 W 120° 24.367 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SAN LUIS OBISPO county, CA View Original Datasheet
- 1372 USGS
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- in a boulder
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1957 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1957
2.4 MI NW FROM POZO. 1.6 MILES WEST ALONG SANTA MARGARITA MOUNTAIN ROAD FROM THE POZO GUARD STATION AT POZO, THENCE 0.8 MILE NORTH ALONG A PAVED ROAD (A FORMER ALIGNMENT OF STATE HIGHWAY 178), IN R15E T30S, NEAR THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF THE SOUTHEAST QUARTER OF SECTION 18, AT THE MOUTH OF A CANYON LEADING EAST, IN THE TOP OF A 3-BY 4-FOOT BOULDER WHICH PROJECTS ABOUT 2 FEET ABOVE THE GROUND, 82 1/2 FEET EAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE ROAD, 50.0 FEET EAST OF A FENCE, 48 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE SOUTH ONE OF THREE LARGE OAK TREES, 27 FEET SOUTH OF THE APPROXIMATE CENTER OF THE CANYON, AND ABOUT LEVEL WITH THE ROAD.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.