Details for Benchmark: FV0795
N 35° 18.200 W 120° 24.317 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SAN LUIS OBISPO county, CA View Original Datasheet
- GAGING STA POZO USGS
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1957 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1957
2 MI W FROM POZO. 1.6 MILES WEST ALONG SANTA MARGARITA MOUNTAIN ROAD FROM THE POZO GUARD STATION AT POZO, THENCE 0.4 MILE NORTH ALONG A PAVED ROAD (A FORMER ALIGNMENT OF STATE HIGHWAY 178), IN R15E T30S, IN THE SOUTHEAST QUARTER OF SECTION 18, AT A U.S. GEOLOGICAL SURVEY GAGING STATION, ON THE NORTHEAST BANK OF THE SALINAS RIVER, IN THE TOP OF A SHELF OF BEDROCK, 90 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE ROAD, 13.8 FEET EAST OF THE EAST SIDE OF A 36-INCH CORRUGATED METAL PIPE USED AS THE GAGING WELL, ABOUT 20 FEET LOWER THAN THE ROAD, AND ABOUT 5 FEET HIGHER THAN THE RIVER BED.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.