Details for Benchmark: FV0967
N 35° 34.367 W 121° 02.433 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SAN LUIS OBISPO county, CA View Original Datasheet
- B 707
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1943 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1943
2.9 MI SE FROM CAMBRIA. 2.9 MILES SOUTHEAST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 41, 0.1 MILE NORTH OF A FARM WINDMILL, 30 FEET SOUTHWEST OF CENTER LINE OF HIGHWAY ON FENCE LINE AND BEHIND A TELEPHONE POLE. A STANDARD DISK STAMPED B 707 1943 AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST. WITNESS POST SET.
|01/01/1961 by DOD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE 1961
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
|01/01/1977 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1977
0.45 MILE EAST ALONG MAIN STREET FROM THE BANK OF AMERICA BUILDING IN CAMBRIA THENCE 2.05 MILE NORTHEAST ALONG SANTA ROSA CREEK ROAD TO MARK ON RIGHT, 0.1 MILE NORTHWEST OF A FARM WINDMILL, 30 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE CENTER OF ROAD, 4 FEET EAST-SOUTHEAST OF A POWRLINE POLE, 240 FEET EAST OF A FARM MACHINERY BUILDING
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.