Details for Benchmark: FV1028
N 35° 32.900 W 120° 52.683 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SAN LUIS OBISPO county, CA View Original Datasheet
- GWM 32 USGS
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1943 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1943
14.6 MI E FROM CAMBRIA. 14.6 MILES EAST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 41 FROM CAMBRIA, SAN LUIS OBISPO COUNTY, AT THE TOP OF A HILL, ABOUT 240 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE EAST END OF THE SOUTH HEADWALL OF A 4-FOOT CULVERT, AND 15 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE HIGHWAY. A UNITED STATES GEOLOGICAL SURVEY STANDARD DISK, STAMPED 1387.2 G W M 32 AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.