Details for Benchmark: FV1029
N 35° 33.317 W 120° 53.483 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SAN LUIS OBISPO county, CA View Original Datasheet
- M 707
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1943 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1947 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1947
13.6 MI E FROM CAMBRIA. 13.6 MILES EAST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 41 FROM CAMBRIA, SAN LUIS OBISPO COUNTY, 98 FEET EAST OF A SMALL UNPAINTED BARN, 27 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE HIGHWAY, AND 25 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE HEADWALL OF ROCK CULVERT 3-105. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED M 707 1943 AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST.
|01/01/1961 by AMS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US ARMY MAP SERVICE (NOW DMA) 1961
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.