Details for Benchmark: FV1057
N 35° 33.845 W 120° 54.413 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is SCALED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In SAN LUIS OBISPO county, CA View Original Datasheet
- GWM 33 RESET 1975
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1975 by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1975
12.4 MI E FROM CAMBRIA. 12.4 MILES EAST ALONG SANTA ROSA CREEK ROAD (FORMERLY STATE HIGHWAY 46) FROM COAST UNION HIGH SCHOOL, SAN LUIS OBISPO COUNTY, 35 FEET EAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE COUNTY ROAD ON A HILL SIDE NEAR 2 EACH WHITE WOODEN WITNESS POSTS, 0.2 FEET HIGHER THAN THE COUNTY ROAD. SET IN A CONCRETE POST. A FARM ROAD LIES 37 FEET NORTHERLY AND ON THE WEST SIDE OF THE COUNTY ROAD.
|05/05/1993 by CADT (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY CALTRANS 1993
THE STATION WAS RECOVERED. A COMPLETE NEW DESCRIPTION FOLLOWS. $ THE STATION IS LOCATED ON THE NORTH SIDE OF SANTA ROSA CREEK ROAD, ABOUT 13 MI (20.9 KM) SOUTHWEST OF THE CITY OF PASO ROBLES AND ABOUT 10 MI (16.1 KM) EAST OF THE TOWN OF CAMBRIA. $ TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE JUNCTION OF STATE HIGHWAYS 1 AND 46, ABOUT 3.5 MI (5.6 KM) SOUTHEAST OF CAMBRIA, GO EAST ON HIGHWAY 46 FOR 11.32 MI (18.22 KM) TO THE INTERSECTION OF OLD CREEK ROAD ON THE RIGHT AND SANTA ROSA CREEK ROAD ON THE LEFT. TURN LEFT AND GO NORTH AND NORTHWEST ON SANTA ROSA CREEK ROAD FOR 3.8 MI (6.1 KM) TO THE SUMMIT AND THE STATION ON THE RIGHT AT COUNTY ROAD POST MILE 12.40. A PAVED SHOULDER ON THE OPPOSITE SIDE OF THE ROAD FROM THE STATION PROVIDES ADEQUATE PARKING. $ THE STATION IS ABOUT 50 FT (15.2 M) SOUTH OF AND ACROSS THE ROAD FROM A PAVED DRIVEWAY FOR 9975 AND 9985 SANTA ROSA CREEK ROAD, 34 FT (10.4 M) EAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF SANTA ROSA CREEK ROAD, 18.4 FT (5.6 M) NORTHEAST OF A 4 INCH BY 4 INCH WOOD POST WITH CURVE AHEAD SIGN, 2.4 FT (0.7 M) NORTH OF A 4 INCH BY 4 INCH WOOD WITNESS POST, 1.9 FT (0.6 M) WEST OF A 4 STRAND BARBED WIRE R/W FENCE, 1.8 FT (0.5 M) SOUTH OF A 6 INCH BY 6 INCH WOOD WITNESS POST, 1.6 FT (0.5 M) WEST OF A CARSONITE WITNESS POST, AND LEVEL WITH THE ROADWAY. $ THE STATION WAS OCCUPIED AS PART OF A CALIFORNIA HPGN DENSIFICATION SURVEY.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1996. The horizontal coordinates are valid at the epoch date displayed above. The epoch date for horizontal control is a decimal equivalence of Year/Month/Day.
- The orthometric height was scaled from a topographic map. The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.