Details for Benchmark: FV1077
N 35° 10.300 W 120° 45.367 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SAN LUIS OBISPO county, CA View Original Datasheet
- 941 2110 TIDAL 18
- Marker Type:
- tidal station disk
- footings/foundation walls of small/medium structures
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1975 by NOS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1977 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1977
1.8 MI SW FROM AVILA. 0.1 MILE NORTH ALONG SAN MIGUEL STREET FROM THE POST OFFICE AT AVILA, THENCE 1.7 MILES SOUTHWEST ALONG AVILA ROAD TO PORT SAN LUIS, SET IN TOP AND 6 FEET WEST OF THE SOUTHEAST CORNER OF THE CONCRETE FOUNDATION OF THE PIER FOR A MARINE HOIST, 237 FEET NORTH OF THE INSHORE END OF THE PORT SAN LUIS WHARF, 0.5 FOOT NORTH OF THE SOUTH EDGE OF THE PIER.
|02/13/1989 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1989
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- This Tidal Bench Mark is designated as VM 949 by the Center for Operational Oceanographic Products and Services.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.