Details for Benchmark: FV1083
N 35° 10.983 W 120° 43.400 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SAN LUIS OBISPO county, CA View Original Datasheet
- K 1314
- Marker Type:
- vertical control disk
- retaining walls, concrete ledge, etc.
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1977 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1977
0.9 MI NE FROM AVILA. 0.1 MILE NORTH ALONG SAN MIGUEL STREET FROM THE POST OFFICE, THENCE 0.8 MILE NORTHEAST ALONG AVILA ROAD, SET IN TOP AND 0.9 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE NORTHWEST END OF THE NORTHEAST CONCRETE HEADWALL FOR AN 18-INCH CORRUGATED STEEL PIPE CULVERT, 17 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE ROAD, 161 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF A PAVED ROAD LEADING SOUTHEAST UPHILL TO SOME LARGE TANKS.
|03/06/1989 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1989
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION WITH THE FOLLOWING EXCEPTION. CHANGE--PAVED ROAD, TO CAVE LANDING ROAD.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.