Details for Benchmark: FV1087
N 35° 13.417 W 120° 41.467 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SAN LUIS OBISPO county, CA View Original Datasheet
- N 1314
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- abutments and piers of large bridges
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1977 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1977
3.95 MI SOUTH FROM SAN LUIS OBISPO. 3.95 MILES SOUTH ALONG HIGUERA STREET (ALTERNATE U.S.HIGHWAY 101) FROM THE INTERSECTION OF MARSH STREET AT SAN LUIS OBISPO, SET IN THE NORTHWEST FACE OF THE NORTHEAST ONE OF THREE CONCRETE PILLARS FOR THE OVERPASS FOR THE NORTH BOUND LANES OF U.S. HIGHWAY 101, 26.5 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE STREET, THIS MARK CAN ALSO BE REACHED BY PROCEEDING 0.1 MILE NORTH ALONG SAN MIGUEL STREET FROM THE POST OFFICE AT AVILA , THENCE 2.5 MILES NORTHEAST ALONG AVILA ROAD, THENCE 3.15 MILES NORTH ALONG ONTARIO ROAD, THENCE 0.1 MILE NORTHEAST ALONG HIGUERA STREET.
|02/10/1989 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1989
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.