Details for Benchmark: FV1972
N 35° 27.300 W 120° 38.550 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SAN LUIS OBISPO county, CA View Original Datasheet
- U 1450
- Marker Type:
- metal rod
- a metal rod driven into the ground
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1989 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1989
3.9 KM (2.40 MI) SOUTHERLY ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 101 FROM THE JUNCTION OF MORRO AVENUE IN ATASCADERO, 1.4 KM (0.85 MI) SOUTH OF THE INTERSECTION OF SANTA ROSA ROAD, A METAL ROAD DRIVEN 2.2 METERS AND FLUSH WITH THE GROUND, 30.7 M (100.7 FT) SOUTHEAST OF A UTILITY POLE WITH 1 GUY WIRE AND LINES CROSSING THE HIGHWAY, 24.4 M (80.1 FT) NORTHEAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE NORTHBOUND LANES OF THE HIGHWAY, 4.4 M (14.4 FT) NORTHWEST OF A UTILITY POLE, AND 2.7 M (8.9 FT) ABOVE THE LEVEL OF THE HIGHWAY. NOTE--ACCESS TO THE DATUM POINT IS THROUGH A 5-INCH LOGO CAP.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.