Details for Benchmark: FV1991
N 35° 10.383 W 120° 45.350 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In SAN LUIS OBISPO county, CA View Original Datasheet
- 941 2110 A TIDAL
- Marker Type:
- tidal station disk
- stainless steel rod
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1982 by NOS (MONUMENTED)
|02/10/1989 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1989
2.1 KM (1.30 MI) WESTERLY ALONG AVILA ROAD FROM THE JUNCTION OF FRONT STREET IN AVILA BEACH, AT PORT SAN LUIS, 8.2 M (26.9 FT) SOUTHWEST OF THE CENTER OF A ROAD LEADING TO A SERVICE STATION AND BAIT SHOP, 6.0 M (19.7 FT) EAST OF THE CENTER OF THE MAIN ROAD LEADING TO THE HARBOR HEADQUARTERS, 3.1 M (10.2 FT) NORTH OF A FIRE HYDRANT, 3.0 M (9.8 FT) NORTHWEST OF A MANHOLE COVER, AND IS A DISK CRIMPED TO A STAINLASS STEEL ROD THAT IS ENCASED IN A 4-INCH PVC PIPE.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- This Tidal Bench Mark is designated as VM 951 by the Center for Operational Oceanographic Products and Services.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.