Details for Benchmark: GC0842
N 36° 05.317 W 086° 49.800 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In DAVIDSON county, TN View Original Datasheet
- 106 7
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1963 by TNHD (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY TN HIGHWAY DEPT 1963
6 MI S FROM NASHVILLE. FROM THE POST OFFICE AT 10TH AND BROAD IN NASHVILLE, GO WEST ON U.S. HIGHWAY 70 FOR 0.6 MILE TO THE INTERSECTION OF U.S. HIGHWAYS 70 AND 431. TURN LEFT ON U.S. HIGWAY 431 AND GO FOR 5.4 MILES TO THE MARK ON THE LEFT. THE MARK IS LOCATED 1 FOOT WEST OF A ROCK FENCE, 10 FEET EAST OF A FIREPLUG, 38 FEET EAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF U.S. HIGHWAY 431 AND 38 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF N. STANFORD DRIVE. THE DISK IS SET IN THE TOP OF A 10-INCH SQUARE, FLUSH, CONCRETE MONUMENT.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.