Details for Benchmark: GC1770
N 36° 49.583 W 087° 52.317 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In TRIGG county, KY View Original Datasheet
- E 131
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1948 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1948
3.2 MI SW FROM CADIZ. ABOUT 3.25 MILES SOUTHWEST ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 68 FROM THE COURT HOUSE IN CADIZ, IN THE SOUTHWEST ANGLE OF THE JUNCTION WITH A GRAVEL ROAD LEADING WEST, ABOUT 70 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE CENTER OF THE JUNCTION, IN THE TOP OF THE SOUTHWEST END OF THE NORTHWEST CONCRETE HEADWALL OF A 3-FOOT CONCRETE BOX CULVERT UNDER THE HIGHWAY, 15 FEET NORTHWEST OF AND ABOUT 1 FOOT HIGHER THAN THE CENTER LINE OF THE HIGHWAY.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.