Details for Benchmark: GC2181
N 36° 24.413 W 086° 28.278 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is UNKNOWN and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In SUMNER county, TN View Original Datasheet
- AIRWAY BEACON 66
- Marker Type:
- airway beacon
- setting not listed - see description
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1933 by CGS (FIRST OBSERVED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1933 (GLA)
A 24-INCH BEACON ON 75-FOOT STEEL TOWER ABOUT 2 MILES NORTHWEST OF GALLATIN. TO REACH FROM GALLATIN, GO NORTHWEST ON ROUTE 25 APPROXIMATELY 1.1 MILES TO BRIDGE, CROSS BRIDGE, TURN RIGHT ONTO DIRT ROAD AND GO APPROXIMATELY 1 MILE TO BEACON SITE.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in April 1999.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.