Details for Benchmark: GF0224
N 36° 43.617 W 093° 21.433 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In STONE county, MO View Original Datasheet
- A 61
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1934 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1934
1.8 MI SE FROM REEDS SPRING. 1.8 MILES SOUTHEAST ALONG THE MISSOURI PACIFIC RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT REEDS SPRING, STONE COUNTY, 0.15 MILE SOUTHEAST OF MILEPOST 459, 100 FEET SOUTH OF POLE 458+30, 100 FEET WEST OF THE EAST END OF A ROCK CUT, 12 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE TRACK, IN A LIMESTONE CUT, AND ABOUT 3.6 FEET HIGHER THAN THE BED OF THE TRACK. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED A 61 1934 AND SET VERTICALLY.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.