Details for Benchmark: GF0599
N 36° 31.350 W 093° 56.367 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In BARRY county, MO View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- setting not listed - see description
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1952 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1952
AT SELIGMAN. AT SELIGMAN, BARRY COUNTY, ON THE EAST SIDE OF THE ST. LOUIS-SAN FRANCISCO RAILROAD TRACKS, ABOUT 350 FEET NORTH OF THE STATION, AT THE NORTH END OF THE MAIN STREET, ON THE CORNER SOUTH OF THE POST OFFICE, IN THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF A TWO-STORY BRICK BUILDING OWNED AND OCCUPIED BY W.C. FAWVER, 9 INCHES SOUTH OF THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF THE BUILDING, 2 FEET ABOVE THE SIDEWALK AND 2 INCHES ABOVE A CONCRETE BENCH BUILT ALONG THE WEST SIDE OF THE BUILDING. THE CENTER OF A CROSS IN THE END OF A COPPER BOLT LEADED IN THE BRICK.
|01/01/1961 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1961
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.