Details for Benchmark: GF0603
N 36° 55.233 W 093° 55.433 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In BARRY county, MO View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- chiseled square
- footings/foundation walls of small/medium structures
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|1/1/1952 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1952
AT MONETT. AT MONETT, BARRY COUNTY, AT THE NORTHEAST CORNER OF THE INTERSECTION OF BROADWAY AND THIRD STREET, AT THE BRICK BUILDING ONCE OCCUPIED BY THE COMMERCIAL BANK, UNDER THE FIRST WINDOW ON THIRD STREET NORTH OF THE CORNER (THE MAIN ENTRANCE IS AT THE CORNER), AND ON THE TOP OF THE STONE FOUNDATION. THE BOTTOM OF A SQUARE HOLD SURROUNDED BY THE LETTERS USBM.
|10/24/1989 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1989
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION. A NEW DESCRIPTION FOLLOWS. IN MONETT, AT THE INTERSECTION OF BROADWAY AND THIRD STREET, A CHISELED SQUARE SURROUNDED BY THE LETTERS USBM, IN THE WEST FOUNDATION WALL AT THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF THE CERAMIC CORNER BUILDING, 15.1 M (49.5 FT) NORTH OF THE CENTER OF BROADWAY, 9.2 M (30.2 FT) EAST OF THE CENTER OF THIRD STREET, 1.6 M (5.2 FT) NORTH OF THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF THE BUILDING, AND 0.5 M (1.6 FT) ABOVE THE LEVEL OF THIRD STREET.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.