Details for Benchmark: GF0887
N 36° 58.259 W 093° 42.928 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In LAWRENCE county, MO View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- horizontal control disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1959 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1959 (GWM)
THE STATION IS IN THE SOUTHEAST CORNER OF OAK PARK * IN THE CITY OF AURORA AND IS IN THE SW 1/4 OF SEC. 7, T. 26 N., R. 25 W. IT IS 149 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE INTERSECTION OF OAK AND CHURCH STREETS, 100 FEET WEST OF THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF A BRICK HOUSE, 47 FEET WEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF OAK STREET, AND 36 FEET SOUTH OF A 20 INCH OAK TREE. THE MONUMENT IS 1 INCH UNDERGROUND AND THE DISK IS STAMPED AURORA 1959.
TO REACH THE AZIMUTH MARK FROM THE STATION, GO NORTH ON OAK STREET FOR 0.25 MILE TO THE MARK ON THE RIGHT.
REFERENCE MARK 1 IS 108 FEET NORTH OF THE NORTH CURB OF CHURCH STREET, 93 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE SOUTHEAST CORNER OF A SMALL BAND STAND, AND 51 FEET SOUTHEAST OF A 24 INCH OAK TREE. THE MONUMENT IS FLUSH AND THE DISK IS STAMPED AURORA NO 1 1959.
REFERENCE MARK 2 IS 68 FEET EAST OF THE EAST SIDE OF A SMALL BAND STAND, 36 FEET SOUTH OF A PLAY GROUND FENCE, AND 27 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE SOUTH EDGE OF A CONCRETE SIDEWALK. THE MONUMENT IS FLUSH AND THE DISK IS STAMPED AURORA NO 2 1959.
THE AZIMUTH MARK IS 67 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE INTERSECTION OF OAK AND LOCUST STREETS, 18 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF A GRAVELED STREET, AND 2 FEET SOUTHEAST OF A WITNESS POST. THE MONUMENT IS FLUSH AND THE DISK IS STAMPED AURORA 1959.
*NOTE- OAK PARK IS OWNED BY LAWRENCE COUNTY AND MAINTAINED BY THE CITY OF AURORA.
HEIGHT OF LIGHT ABOVE STATION MARK 26 METERS.
|01/01/1959 by CGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1959
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
|10/23/1989 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1989
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION. A NEW DESCRIPTION FOLLOWS. IN AURORA, AT THE INTERSECTION OF OAK AVENUE AND CHURCH STREET, NEAR THE SOUTHEAST CORNER OF OAK PARK, 43.2 M (141.7 FT) NORTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE STREET, 19.3 M (63.3 FT) SOUTHWEST OF A UTILITY POLE, 13.7 M (44.9 FT) WEST OF THE CENTER OF AVENUE, AND IN A CONCRETE MONUMENT THAT IS FLUSH WITH THE GROUND SURFACE.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in February 2000.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.