Details for Benchmark: GF0990
N 36° 42.583 W 093° 53.833 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In BARRY county, MO View Original Datasheet
- S 349
- Marker Type:
- vertical control disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1989 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1989
5.2 KM (3.25 MI) NORTHERLY ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 37 FROM ITS JUNCTION WITH STATE HIGHWAYS 76 AND 86 IN CASSVILLE, THENCE 0.3 KM (0.20 MI) SOUTHEASTERLY ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 37 BUSINESS, IN A PROTRUDING 1 FOOT TRIANGULAR SHAPED POINT OF ROCK AT THE BASE OF A 2 BY 10 FOOT AREA OF OUTCROPPING BEDROCK. 12.1 M (39.7 FT) EAST OF THE CENTER OF THE HIGHWAY, 10.2 M (33.5 FT) NORTH OF A WOOD FENCE POST, 0.4 M (1.3 FT) WEST OF A WITNESS POST, AND LEVEL WITH THE HIGHWAY.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.