Details for Benchmark: GF0992
N 36° 44.283 W 093° 54.800 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In BARRY county, MO View Original Datasheet
- X 348
- Marker Type:
- vertical control disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1989 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1989
9.0 KM (5.60 MI) SOUTHERLY ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 37 FROM ITS JUNCTION WITH COUNTY ROAD C IN PURDY, IN A 5 BY 10 FOOT EXPOSED AREA OF BEDROCK IN A HIGHWAY CUT, 0.4 KM (0.25 MI) NORTHWEST OF AN ARKANSAS AND MISSOURI RAILROAD OVERPASS, 13.0 M (42.7 FT) WEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE HIGHWAY, 1.2 M (3.9 FT) ABOVE THE LEVEL OF THE HIGHWAY, AND 0.2 M (0.7 FT) WEST OF A WITNESS POST.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.