Details for Benchmark: GG0261
N 36° 45.700 W 094° 48.950 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In OTTAWA county, OK View Original Datasheet
- X 163
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1934 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1934
2 MI NE FROM FAIRLAND. 2 MILES NORTHEAST ALONG THE ST. LOUIS-SAN FRANCISCO RAILWAY FROM THE STATION AT FAIRLAND, OTTAWA COUNTY, 0.3 MILE SOUTHWEST OF THE SIDING AT OGEECHEE, 250 FEET NORTHEAST OF POLE 338+25, AT STEEL TRESTLE 338.7, IN THE TOP OF THE NORTHEAST CONCRETE ABUTMENT, 6.2 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE MAIN TRACK, AND 3.5 FEET LOWER THAN THE TRACK. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED X 163 1934.
|01/01/1989 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1989 (TWS)
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.