Details for Benchmark: GG0389
N 36° 23.550 W 095° 40.100 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In ROGERS county, OK View Original Datasheet
- R 17
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||bearbrew couldn't find GG0389
Benchmarking with BasicPoke on a rainy day and did not locate the benchmark as described. We could not determine the the location from the description.
This entry was edited by bearbrew on Thursday, 21 November 2013 at 17:09:08 UTC.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1933 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1960 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1960
5.2 MI S FROM OOLAGAH. 5.2 MILES SOUTH ALONG THE MISSOURI PACIFIC RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT OOLOGAH, ROGERS COUNTY, ABOUT 0.3 MILE NORTH OF VERDIGRIS RIVER, ABOUT 6 POLES SOUTH OF MILEPOST 617, AT A FARM-ROAD CROSSING, ABOUT 50 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE ROAD, AND ABOUT 45 FEET WEST OF THE WEST RAIL. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED R 17 1933 AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING ABOUT 6 INCHES ABOVE GROUND. NOTE-- THIS MARK WAS RECOVERED NEAR POLE NO. 616+22, 50 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF A ROAD, 45 FEET WEST OF THE WEST RAIL, 3 FEET EAST OF RIGHT OF WAY FENCE AND IS FLUSH WITH THE GROUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.