Details for Benchmark: GG0393
N 36° 22.250 W 095° 39.117 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In ROGERS county, OK View Original Datasheet
- S 17
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||bearbrew couldn't find GG0393
Benchmarking with BasicPoke on a rainy day and failed to locate the benchmark as described. The benchmark may still be there and be below grade.
This entry was edited by bearbrew on Thursday, 21 November 2013 at 17:08:00 UTC.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1933 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1960 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1960
5.4 MI N FROM CLAREMORE. 5.4 MILES NORTH ALONG THE MISSOURI PACIFIC RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT CLAREMORE, ROGERS COUNTY, AT SAGEEYAH, ABOUT 5 FEET SOUTHWEST OF MILEPOST 615, ABOUT 45 FEET EAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF STATE HWY. 88, 29 FEET WEST OF THE WEST RAIL OF THE MAIN TRACK, AND 13 FEET SOUTH OF A CISTERN. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED S 17 1933 AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 6 INCHES ABOVE GROUND. NOTE-- 5 FEET SOUTH OF THE FIRST POLE NORTHWEST OF MILEPOST 615.
|01/01/1962 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1962
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.