Details for Benchmark: GG0394
N 36° 22.250 W 095° 39.117 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In ROGERS county, OK View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- chiseled square
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||bearbrew couldn't find GG0394
Didn't have any luck locating the chiseled square. We were in the area searching for the other benchmarks so gave this one a try.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1960 by NGS (MARK NOT FOUND)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1960
5.4 MI N FROM CLAREMORE. 5.4 MILES NORTH ALONG THE MISSOURI PACIFIC RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT CLAREMORE, ROGERS COUNTY, AT SAGEEYAH, ABOUT 5 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE STATION SIGN, ABOUT 20 FEET EAST OF THE NORTHEAST CORNER OF AN OLD CONCRETE CISTERN, AND 10 FEET WEST OF THE WEST RAIL. A CHISELED SQUARE ON THE TOP OF A 9- BY 18-INCH SANDSTONE POST, MARKED USBM AND BURIED 18 INCHES BELOW THE GROUND. NOTE-- THE STATION SIGN AND THE CISTERN ARE GONE AND IT WAS DIFFICULT TO DETERMINE THE DESCRIBED LOCATION. THERE IS A COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY BENCH MARK IN THE IMMEDIATE VICINITY.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (G = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.